Thurgood Marshall College Fund Scholarship
To apply for available scholarships, please visit the TMCF website.
Active scholarships include:
Sidney B. Williams Jr. Scholarship (The 2015 application period is closed. Please check back for more information regarding the 2016 program.)
NASCAR Wendell Scott Sr. Scholarship (The 2015 application period is closed. Please check back for more information regarding the 2016 program.)
TMCF/Lowe's GAP Scholarship (The 2015 application period is closed. Please check back for more information regarding the 2016 program.)
Research studies show a leading obstacle to obtaining a college degree is a student's inability to afford college. In 2011, the National Center for Education Statistics reported that students enrolling or completing Bachelor’s programs has largely become stagnant.
Since its inception in 1987, Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) has provided scholarships to qualified students attending its member-schools. TMCF scholarships have provided support to help fund an education at one of our nation's public Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs).
TMCF provides merit-based scholarships to students seeking financial assistance to complete their education. TMCF scholarships are awarded annually to students meeting the TMCF eligibility criteria. Awards are made each semester and are based on a verification process designed to ensure that academic expectations are met and that there is an unmet financial need.
All classifications of students are invited to apply for a TMCF scholarship.
- Are merit based and applicants must have a financial need to qualify.
- Are restricted for payment of tuition, on campus room and board, books and fees.
- Are paid directly to the college or university on behalf of the award recipient to be credited to his or her school account.
- The average award is $2,200.00 per student per semester.
- All scholarship award recipients must re-apply annually for renewal.
TMCF Scholarship Criteria:
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Must apply for financial aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- Attend one of the 47 TMCF Member Schools
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident with a valid permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and service experience
- Be recommended by a Faculty or Staff member of your current school
For More Information
To apply for scholarships, please click on the Current Scholarships tab.